The best way to encourage independence with sensory regulation skills is to teach kids about their sensory systems. In this Teaching Kids About Sensory Starter Kit, we provide you with the best activities and printables to do just that. Children will enjoy fun and hands-on activities while discovering all 8 sensory systems and how they can affect their emotions and reactions.
With this Teaching Kids About Sensory Starter Kit, you'll get:
- My Sensory Self Workbook | Valued at $7.00. My Sensory Self Workbook was designed just for kids. It is meant to help them discover their own sensory preferences and explore each of the eight sensory systems. It includes a word search, questions intended to have children explore their own sensory preferences, and coloring pages of all eight sensory systems. This workbook will help kids to celebrate their sensory differences and to better communicate their sensory needs. My Sensory Self is perfect for use with your child in the home or with students in the classroom.
- When I Feel Overload – A My Sensory Self Workbook | Valued at $7.00. Debriefing with your child after a meltdown is such an important step for both of you. It empowers your child to discover their own self-regulation strategies and gives you both ways to overcome those sensory meltdowns, overload and discover their triggers. Using the When I Feel Overload workbook encourages your child to think through their reactions to a meltdown and how they can react differently to their emotions, triggers, and signs of overload.
- Sensory Memory Game | Valued at $5.00. This fun matching game helps children identify and learn about the 8 sensory systems. It includes printable playing and matching cards along with game directions and expansion ideas. The Sensory Systems Memory Game is a great way to reinforce the concepts kids learn in My Sensory Self Workbook for Kids.
- My Senses Summer Day Camp Program | Valued at $19.99. Have you ever struggled in explaining what sensory processing is to a child? With all those big terms like “vestibular” or “proprioception”, it’s hard to explain in a way that children will understand. Most of the information about sensory processing on the interwebs is designed for adults. If you do find something geared for children, it likely only talks about the five senses, not all eight major senses. That is why Heather created this My Senses Summer Day Camp program. She wanted to give parents and others a way to explain sensory processing to children in a fun, summer camp vibe that encourages hands-on exploration. You can use this program any time of the year, in fact, a few teachers have used it in their Kindergarten classrooms as a unit lesson on the senses. This program is designed for ages 3-9.
- My Senses Play Dough Mats | Valued at $5.00. Combine the power of sensory play using playdough to learn about all 8 sensory systems with this fun sensory systems playdough mats. Simply, print, laminate and have fun!
There are no reviews yet.